Welcome to the Health and Fitness (Sehate Jismani) department. Sehate Jismani is an Arabic phrase that translates as the ‘health, wellbeing and fitness of the (human) body’. Hence the Sehate Jismani Department of Lajna Imaillah UK concerns itself with enhancing health and fitness in the mind, body, and spirit of women, girls, and babies.
Islam lays great emphasis upon promoting the wellbeing of the physical aspect of a human. Above is an example from the Holy Quran, the traditions of the Holy Founder of Islam, Muhammad (“Peace and blessings be on Him), and the statement of the Promised Messiah (as).
“Our experience shows that various diets definitely affect the faculties of mind and soul”.
(The Promised Messiah (as))
In this week’s Health Webinar, Nutritionist Miss Salma S. Khan discusses nutritional strategies to help support immune health, stress and anxiety.
In this week’s webinar, Dr Sadiya Ayaz, a GP in London covers how COVID-19 is impacting our health and what we need to be doing to address this.
Lajna Ima’illah UK are providing a set of external links to support parents and families during this time. Information provided is related to talking to children with regards to Coronavirus of different aged groups, families of early years and how to support older children/adults.
113. Secretary Sihat Jismani shall organise her work mainly in the following two area:
a) To provide the members with necessary information about hygiene, healthcare and first aid.
b) To promote participation of members in various games and sports as well as exercise programmes.
114. Where possible she shall make arrangements for holding competitions of individual games and tournaments.
115. It shall be the responsibility of Secretary Sihat Jismani, from time to time, to arrange for talks in Majalis on the subject of the rules of maintaining good health.
This section is about the various issues that have a bad effect on a persons’ general health and quality of life need to be understood and avoided. The Sehate Jismani department has a regular programme to make Lajna and Nasirat aware of such issues. This awareness is promoted by holding lectures, presentations and seminars by professionals at the local, regional and national levels.
Apps for keeping healthy:
- Myfitnesspal – Track your daily calories, and percentage of carbs, fats & protein.
- Googlefit –Track your daily activity.
- Applehealth – Track your daily activity.
- Headspace – meditation for dummies.